Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What Is Your Favorite Sign Of Summer?



Crickets chirping

Flip flops flapping and painted toenails

The aroma of suntan lotion

Fresh berries with sugar and cream

Picnics and Cookouts

Kiddie pools, lakes, and ponds

Cherry stains on shirts.

Dirt under fingernails

Multiple skinned knees and elbows.

AND...

An endless supply of laundry...

This is the mental list I made today, as I was reveling in the delight of my squealing children playing around the rhythmic sound of the sprinkler.

I found myself trying to capture this moment in time as my toes were tickled by the cool blades of grass beneath me.

I took a deep breath and was drinking in the warm sun of summer.

Summer is a season for less is more. Less stress and schedule and more time to play and rest. Take some time out to enjoy the uniqueness of this season and all it has to offer.

What are your favorite things about summer?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sparking some very fond memories for me today! Summers with my little ones were busy (and dirty!), but also some of the best times in my life!
    P.S. I love the photo of your and your twin boys!!!

    ReplyDelete