Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Cottage Renovation...An Ugly Duckling!

Wow- what a week it has been. We just started this renovation project a week ago, and have we ever made progress! So happy you have joined our family on this journey. It's going to be a fun ride for sure! Now mind you... none of it is "pretty" yet, but so exciting all the same. Its exciting because there is PROGRESS happening!


This week my hubby could see how happy I was to have work done on this old house o' mine. This is what I have dreamed of, you know? But never thought it would be me!

I have watched everyone else on HGTV get their remodels and huge renovations done. I've drooled over kitchens that I wish I could have. I have watched my fair share of Extreme Makeover shows. But now it is my turn! I feel I need to pinch myself to see if this is really happening. But low and behold it is!



Here are the highlights of what we accomplished in this first week of renovating...



Old asbestos siding removed from house and outbuildings

Drilled holes in side of house...making way for blown in insulation. (Looks like a giant birdhouse!) Going to have a toasty home in the winter. Yay!


BEFORE: Old siding off...check out that wood underneath- its an adventure seeing what is underneath this house!


Progress: New Siding and trim going up! What an improvement!


See ya soon for more of the step by step process of my cottage farmhouse renovation! Hang on... it will get more exciting as we go!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot was done in one week! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete