Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Best Yummy Peanut Butter Pie!

I have been making this wonderful peanut butter pie for years. I found this recipe from a Taste Of Home magazine years ago. It is a family favorite and I make it often for special occasions. Its an easy no-bake, no-fail recipe. Since I have made this torte a lot, I have learned some tips along the way. You can read my notes at the end of the recipe.

Peanut Butter Cheese Torte

Ingredients

CRUST:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts

FILLING:
2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, stiffly beaten

CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons hot coffee
Coarsely chopped peanuts, optional

Directions

Combine all crust ingredients. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan. Chill. For filling, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. For topping, melt chocolate with coffee until smooth. Spread over chilled torte. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped peanuts if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.

Enjoy!

My Tips:
*I double the crust ingredients and split the filling. It makes a very big tall torte and is very rich. By splitting the filling you get 2 pies out of the recipe! Feel free to make it in pie pans if you don't have a spring form pan, it turns out either way.

*I freeze the pies when finished and thaw out only enough to slice and then put back. This torte can get soft quickly, and I found that freezing this recipe worked wonderfully and it kept better in the freezer.

*I don't make the chocolate topping suggested. I buy my favorite chocolate ice cream syrup and drizzle it over each individual piece as I serve it.



Picture and recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment